Choosing the better part

Choosing the better part

Sunday, September 16, 2012

My food is to do the will of Him who sent me.

 In light of next month's topic, "The Hunger of the Lord", I thought this quote from Elizabeth particularly apt.

"The Divine Master, in his discourse after the Last Supper, that last love song of the Master's soul, utters to the Father those beautiful words: 'I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do'. We are His brides and consequently, ought to identify ourselves totally with Him and ought to be able to repeat these same words at the close of each day. Perhaps you will ask me, how are we to glorify Him? It is very simple. Our Lord told us the secret when He said: 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent me'. Be devoted then to the will of this adorable Master; look at every suffering and every joy as coming directly from Him, and then our life will be a continual communion, since everything will be like a sacrament that will give you God. This is very real, because God is not divided; His will is His whole being. He is wholly and entirely in all things and these things are, to a certain extent nothing but an emanation of His love! You see now how much you can glorify Him in these states of suffering and listlessness that are so difficult to bear! Forget yourself as much as you can, for that is the secret of peace and happiness." 

(Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity)

No comments:

Post a Comment