Choosing the better part

Choosing the better part

Sunday, September 16, 2012


God's Sole Desire: to Lead You More Deeply Into Love


 


"Abandonment - - that is what gives us to God. I am very young, yet it seems to me that I have really suffered at times. Oh! then, when everything was dark, when the present was so painful and when the future looked more somber, I closed my eyes, and abandoned myself, like a child, in the arms of this Father who is in heaven.

We look at ourselves too much; we want to see and understand; we do not have enough confidence in Him who enfolds us in His love. We must not stand before the cross and look at it in itself, but recollecting ourselves in the light of faith, we must rise above it, and consider it as the instrument which is used by Divine Love. . . You must believe that His sole desire is to lead you more and more deeply into Himself. Surrender yourself to Him with all your preoccupations."

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment